Liebster AwardPosted: April 26, 2013
Dear Chace & Harper,
I feel like it’s award season over here. First, I am nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award and a couple weeks ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Crispy Indeed. I love reading her posts so I was surprised, excited and immensely grateful for even being thought of. This award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers as a form of recognition and support to keep on blogging. I got that straight from Crispy’s blog! Thanks so much for the nom! I don’t feel like I deserve it, but hopefully I can help spread the word about some other favorite blogs!
– Thank the person who nominated you
– Answer the 11 questions from your nominator
– Nominate the award to 11 new bloggers
– Ask 11 new questions to the nominated recipients
Crispy’s 11 questions for me:
1) Why did you start blogging?
– I really wanted to write down memories and thoughts for my kids. At the time it was just for my son, but since I had a daughter recently, I added her as well. I hope that they can read these “letters” that I write to them and see how much they are loved, get some insights from me and hopefully enjoy seeing the things that we did throughout their lives.
2) Salts or Sweets?
-I am more of a sweets person. I usually have one sweet treat after my kids have gone to bed and I can enjoy in peace and quiet.
3) What’s your poison?
-Coffee and especially a Caramel Latte from The Coffee Bean
4) Do you have a certain time of the day you usually write?
– I usually write at night after my kids are asleep. It’s the only time I get on the computer to write a post and then I save and re-work it later. I rarely write a post and then publish it right away.
5) Dogs or Cats?
– Definitely dogs. I am allergic to cats.
6) If you had the chance to move, without any issues, would you? Where?
– I would live in Chicago for sure. I love the city, have lived there and dream of moving back or owning a place there to visit often. I am even trying to convince my 17 year old niece to go there for college so I have even more reason to go back and visit often. Love the people, food, atmosphere and buildings. It’s such a clean and friendly city.
7) What motivates and inspires you the most to write?
– Hands down my kids.
8) Does anyone else you know enjoy writing?
– It’s weird that I haven’t told a lot of family and friends about this. I am a little timid when it comes to their opinion.
9) What is your favorite TV show?
– I have so many but my favorite of all time is The Good Wife.
10) If you could travel back in time, would you? Where? When?
– Yes, I would and I think I would go back to college and do things a little different. I would hope it wouldn’t alter my life all that much though because I am so grateful to have a loving husband and 2 beautiful children.
11) What is something unique about yourself?
– I am Half Sri Lankan, a quater German and a quater Irish. Besides my sister, I think we are a very unique combo. My kids are even more unique! They are half Korean, a quarter Sri Lankan, an eighth German and an eighth Irish. I love being mixed but at times it’s hard too.
11 Bloggers I Nominate for this award:
11 Questions for the Nominees:
1. What is your favorite post you have written?
2. If you could meet one famous person, who would it be and what would you say?
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
4. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
5. Do you believe in fate?
6. Do your family members or people closest to you read your blog?
7. Do you prefer scary movies or comedies?
8. One thing that you do to relieve stress or take time for yourself?
9. What is your favorite day of the week?
10. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go and why?
11. What is your favorite food?
Wow, this was another surprising nomination but I am truly thankful for the thought. I hope you enjoy reading and I can’t wait to share many more adventures and memories with my children and anyone else that likes to stop by Letters to Chace & Harper.