Vacation for MomPosted: April 21, 2014
I can’t really take a vacation right now, but there have been a few things lately that have made me feel like I have been on a brief, but necessary vacation. I am sure other Moms and Dads can relate to these, especially anyone that is with their kids 24/7 like I am.
1. A trip to the grocery store or Target without kids. – I don’t have to rush through each aisle. I can take my time and actually get everything (and then some) that is on my list. Normally I have to hold someone half way through the shopping trip and rush to the check out line when a meltdown is about to ensue.
2. Gym time in the actual gym – normally I am lifting weights and doing abs with a little one sitting on me, walking on me or trying to get my attention in some way.
3. Showering without an audience – usually I have 1 or 2 interruptions per shower.
4. A full night’s sleep – Harper was sleeping through the night regularly but unfortunately that changed and then Chace got sick and he didn’t sleep well either. I’ve had a lot of sleepless nights lately.
5. Come home to a clean and quiet house. Okay, so this one has not happened yet, but a girl can dream. One day, one day!
I don’e desire to spend a long period of time away from my kids, so these short bouts of alone time are like heaven! I love you both with all my heart, but even Mom needs a break every now and then.
Stay tuned for a Stitch Fix Update soon!